Mastering Demand Generation: A Comprehensive Guide for LinkedIn Advertising.

This guide explores the core principles of demand generation, particularly in the context of the Netherlands, and provides strategies to master it. With a focus on LinkedIn Advertising, it offers insights into how businesses can thrive by effectively reaching the right audience at precisely the right moment.

95/5 Rule:

In today’s highly competitive business landscape, success hinges on the ability to reach the right customers at the right time.

With a majority of clients (95%) being passive observers and only a small fraction (5%) actively seeking solutions, businesses face a significant challenge. However, a HubSpot report reveals that 61% of marketers struggle with generating traffic and leads.

  • The game-changing solution to this challenge is demand generation, a strategy that not only addresses this issue head-on but also leads to a remarkable 133% increase in annual revenue, according to a Marketo study.

Definition of Demand Generation and the 95/5 Rule:

Demand generation is the process of identifying, engaging, and nurturing prospects to stimulate demand. Now, let’s explore the significance of the 95/5 rule with some revealing figures:


Research by Gartner reveals that only 3% of buyers are actively seeking your product or service at any given time. The remaining 97% represents latent demand waiting to be tapped into with effective demand generation strategies.

Benefits of Demand Generation:

In the Dutch business arena, trust is non-negotiable. Businesses that prioritise credibility over profit resonate better with consumers. Demand Generation does precisely this by delivering valuable content consistently. It’s not just about immediate gains; it’s about nurturing trust and authority over time.

Repetition is Demand Generation’s secret weapon. In Dutch culture, the concept of “herhaling” (repetition) holds immense value. Repetition builds trust, as seen in the 75% increase in trust among professionals when thought leadership content is consistently delivered.

Demand Generation’s Ultimate Goal: The Shortlist Advantage:

In 80% of cases, the chosen supplier comes from that list.

Imagine, Marketing Managers, sales no longer chasing leads but receiving a call that says, “You’re on the shortlist.”

The Short-List is the perfect launchpad for sales, not just a milestone; it’s the ultimate destination.

Marketing Managers, Demand Generation is reshaping priorities. In a world where leads have lost their shine, let’s explore the true value of Demand Generation.

How is it possible to have an impact with small budgets (ABM)? 

Ever wondered how to achieve remarkable impact without breaking the bank? The answer lies in Account-Based Marketing (ABM), a strategy that turns the traditional marketing funnel on its head. It starts with identifying key accounts, pinpointing key decision-makers within them, and then converting them into loyal clients.

ABM isn’t just for the big players; it’s a game-changer for marketing managers on a budget. Harness the power of the flipped funnel to achieve impressive results without draining your resources.

In today’s marketing landscape, it’s entirely possible to generate high-quality leads with minimal budgets. Precision targeting, coupled with data analysis and retargeting, aligns with this approach, ensuring that every marketing euro serves a purpose. By optimising strategies to resonate with specific audiences, you not only achieve efficiency but also create opportunities for sustainable success in Demand Generation.

In summary, mastering B2B marketing is about securing your place on the coveted shortlist, focusing on quality over quantity, and understanding the modern buyer’s behaviour. These rules are your path to success.